Pedal Pals Cycling Challenge
- Date: April - September 2021
- Location: Select your route and location
Join our Pedal Pals cycling challenge, the perfect activity for kids and families to enjoy this summer!
Looking for fun activities for the summer holidays? Whether you’d like to explore your local area or go biking during a staycation, taking part in our Pedal Pals cycling challenge is a fantastic way to explore the great outdoors and spend time together. You have the flexibility to pick when and where, along with the distance you would like to cycle, making it suitable for all ages and abilities.
How to take part in Pedal Pals
Frank the Super Fast Fox and his furry friends are here to motivate and encourage your children throughout their challenge by providing them with a special Pedal Pals map and stickers to add as they cycle along and reach each milestone!
Simply follow the steps below to complete our Pedal Pals challenge:
- Step 1. Choose your distance and divide this into 6 chunks on the map!
- Step 2. Start cycling!
- Step 3. Once your challenge is complete, simply email: email@example.com. We would also love to see photos of you taking part!
- Step 4. Frank will send your child a special goody bag and certificate for all their hard work!
Reasons to take part in Pedal Pals!
- Help towards cycling proficiency
- Promote young children getting active and exploring the outdoors
- Fantastic activity to enjoy on your staycation
- Keep kids entertained over the school holidays!
- Help build confidence in cycling e.g. cycling on roads/removing stabilisers.
- Increase quality time with family and friends
Entry prices and event registration
|Number of children||Price|
|Additional children||£6 per additional child|
Please note, once you have registered for Pedal Pals:
- You should receive a payment confirmation email within 2 hours. If you have not received this, please call us on 01256 848848.
- Your map and stickers will be sent out to you in the post within 2-5 working days.
You must ensure that all children taking part and their parent/ carer take responsibility for their own safety during this challenge. This includes adhering to the Government guidelines relating to Covid-19 set at the particular time they complete their ride, such as social distancing where applicable.
We kindly ask children to try and collect a small amount of sponsorship to help us continue to provide our care for patients facing life limiting illness in the community. Here is how your contributions will help:
- £5.60 is the cost of printing a special memory book for children who have lost someone at the Hospice.
- £15 is the average cost of providing 3 meals, drinks and snacks to a patient per day
- £20 is the cost of 1 nurse for 1 hour
- £135 is the cost of medicine for 1 patient for 1 day
Please download your event sponsorship form and fundraising toolkit below. If you would like to display who you are cycling for, please download the below ‘I’m cycling for…’ sheet to print and attach to your clothing whilst taking part in your challenge.
Create your own fundraising page
How you can further support this event!
As this is only the second year of our Pedal Pals challenge, we need your help to spread the word! If you know of a school, club, or community group that you think would be interested in taking part in Pedals Pals, please let us know by contacting us using the details provided below.
If you have any further questions about this event, please get in touch with our Events Team on 01256 848848 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.