We accept a wide range of household furniture items. We cannot guarantee to take any offered donation until we have inspected the item(s).
We can accept
Furniture that is in a good saleable condition (clean and unbroken) with safety labels still attached. Including but not limited to:
- sofas, footstools
- beds and mattresses
- chest of drawers, wardrobes, dressers, modern dressing tables, bureaus
- tables, dining suites, benches, dining chairs, stools
- riser recliner chairs, wheelchairs, mobility scooters
- desks, small office furniture, filing cabinets
- modern small display cabinets
- bathroom cabinets
- freestanding cupboards
- wooden tv stands
- flat screen tv’s
- lamps with plugs.
We cannot accept
We may refuse potential donations on the grounds of age, style & saleability – not just condition. Items which are dirty, broken or not in good condition will not be accepted
- gas-operated appliances and goods
- electrical items that need to be hard-wired (i.e. not needing a 13amp plug)
- white goods (fridges, freezers etc.)
- used safety items (car seats, helmets etc.)
- upholstered products and soft furnishings not displaying current fire retardant certification
- house clearances
- prams and pushchairs with less than a 5-point harness
- pushbikes that are not roadworthy
- skates, skateboards or roller blades
- dismantled flat pack furniture
- bunk beds or cabin beds
- large sideboards / display cabinets
- some older, dark wood furniture
- armchairs (that were part of a suite)
- divan bed bases without mattress
- electric beds
- black or clear glass TV stands
- exercise equipment.
Furniture can be brought to our Wade Road location during opening hours or you can arrange to have items picked up. To save yourself a wasted journey, if you are unsure if we can accept your items please call the store or email using the details below and we can provide you with guidance.
Drop off your items to:
Unit 7 & 8
Kingsland Business Park
9am – 4:30pm (Mon – Sat)
10am – 4pm (Sunday)
Arrange a collection or delivery
Please call the store on 01256 471191 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a pick up. Items will be collected for free.
If you arranging a pick up from us for a potential donation, or we are delivering an item you have purchased, please be aware that we are now allowed to enter properties assuming no one has COVID or is isolating. Note, we only collect and deliver from/to the ground floor, we are unable to carry items up or downstairs. Thank you.