- Date: Sat 14th Aug, 2021
- Time: 8:00 pm
- Location: Porchester Square, Festival Place (outside M&S), Basingstoke, RG21 7BA
Calling all superheroes!
Grab your capes and get ready for a fun night out walking to raise funds for our Hospice! This year’s theme is superheroes and we can’t wait to see you dressed up as your favourite characters or even your own personal hero. This is a brilliant event for groups so why not wear matching costumes or join together as the Avengers, Justice League or X-men?!
There will be lots of fun activities to enjoy at Festival Place before you set off including glitter face painting, a photo booth and more, as well as accessories available for purchase.
Starting from Porchester Square in Festival Place this 8 ½ mile walk is fully marshalled and open to men, women and children (ages 7 + who must be accompanied by an adult). You may choose to walk to remember a loved one, catch up with friends and family or use it as a team building evening with your colleagues. Whatever your reason for walking, we would love to see you on the night!
Kindly supported by:
Please be reassured that there will be arrangements in place to manage COVID-19 for the duration of this event. These will be continually reviewed to ensure we are adhering to the most up to date government guidelines and advice at the time of this event, ensuring the paramount safety of our participants at all times.
In the event that we would need to take the decision to cancel this event due to COVID-19, you will be entitled to a full refund. Alternatively, if we are able to postpone the event, we will do so and your entry fee will be automatically transferred to the new date. However, if you are unable to make this new date, a refund option will also be available. Please note, that if you are unable to take part in the event due to COVID-19 illness or self-isolation, your entry fee will not be refundable. In this circumstance, you will have the option to transfer your place to a friend or family member, providing this is in line with the Government guidelines at that current time.
Entry prices and event registration
- Online registration closes on Wednesday 11th August 2021 at midday.
- Once you have registered on our website, you should receive a payment confirmation email within 2 hours. If you have not received this, please call us on 01256 848848. You will need to collect your walker number on the night at Festival Place ahead of the walk.
Please download a copy of our 8.5 mile route map below.
Moonlight Walk route map
Please click to download your event information sheet
- Parking: available at Festival Place, Basingstoke, RG21 7BA
- Toilets and refreshments: available at the start/finish, kindly provided by Basingstoke Deane Rotary Club and at the halfway point at Basingstoke Rugby Club, kindly provided by Lavazza and Storck.
- Water: please note that we will NOT be providing plastic water bottles at this event, instead we will be providing water filling stations only, therefore you MUST bring your own water bottles with you.
This year it will cost over £5.5 million to operate the Hospice and provide our services to the local community, with less than 20% funding from the North Hampshire Clinical Commissioning Group. We kindly ask all participants to try and collect a small amount of sponsorship to help us continue to provide our care for patients facing life limiting illness in the community. Here is how your contributions will help:
- £5.60 is the cost of printing a special memory book for children who have lost someone at the Hospice.
- £15 is the average cost of providing 3 meals, drinks and snacks to a patient per day
- £20 is the cost of 1 nurse for 1 hour
Please download your event sponsorship form and fundraising toolkit below. If you would like to display who you are walking for, please download a walker sheet below to print and attach to your clothing to wear on the night.
Create your own fundraising page
Become an event sponsor
For sponsorship opportunities, please contact our Events Team on 01256 848848, alternatively email email@example.com.
Terms and conditions
Please download a copy of our event terms and conditions below.
Event terms and conditions