Win with our Hospice Lottery
Every week there’s the chance to win up to £1,000 or one of our 19 other cash prizes! For only £2 per entry, per week, you’re helping us to provide vital services whilst also having the chance to win one of our fabulous cash prizes:
- 1st Prize – £1,000
- 2nd Prize – £100
- 3rd Prize – £50
- 4th Prize – £20
- 5th Prize – £5
Lottery Scratch Cards
You could also be in with a chance of winning a top prize of £1,000 by purchasing a St. Michael’s Hospice Lottery Scratch Card for £1. They make perfect wedding favours, table gifts and birthday card fillers so if you would like to arrange purchasing 1 or even 100, please email: email@example.com or call 01256 848848.
Lottery Terms and Conditions
Full Terms and Conditions:
- These terms and conditions are the Lottery Rules. By entering the lottery, entrants agree to be bound by these rules.
- This lottery is being promoted by and on behalf of St. Michael’s Hospice (North Hampshire).
- For the purpose of the Gambling Act 2005, this lottery is defined as a ‘Society Lottery.’
- This lottery is licensed by the Gambling Commission under license No: 000-030858-N-312024-001.
- To enter the lottery, you must be a UK resident aged 16 (sixteen) or over.
- If, upon winning any prize in the Lottery, you are not able to prove that you have met the criteria specified in Rule 5 above, then you will not be entitled to receive that prize.
- You agree to us carrying out any checks that are deemed appropriate to verify age, including if necessary seeking confirmation from relevant agencies that can provide such information.
- There will be 20 weekly winners and 20 cash prizes although additional prizes may be offered from time to time.
- All tickets shall be priced at £2 per entry.
- All lottery entry sales are final, and no refunds shall be made at any time. All entrants acknowledge that their payment of £2 per ticket to enter the lottery does not guarantee that they will win any prize.
- The draw for the prizes will be made at our lottery management company’s premises to be held weekly on a Friday. You do not need to be present at the draw to win the lottery.
- If a cash prize is awarded, this will be made by cheque in the name of the entrant only.
- St. Michael’s Hospice (North Hampshire) reserves the right in exceptional and unforeseen circumstances to substitute any of the non-cash prizes acquired for the lottery for a similar prize at St. Michael’s Hospice’s (North Hampshire) absolute discretion.
- Full payment for each ticket must be received either in the form of cash or cleared funds before the ticket can be entered into the draw. Only tickets for which full payment has been received either in the form of cash or cleared funds is eligible to win the prize.
- The winners of the Lottery prizes will be notified by letter.
- All entrants are solely responsible for providing St. Michael’s Hospice (North Hampshire) with their accurate and up-to-date contact details and St. Michael’s Hospice (North Hampshire) will be in no way liable for any failure or inability to contact any entrant due to any errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the contact details that the entrant has provided. In the event that an entrant changes their contact details, they will be solely responsible for advising St. Michael’s Hospice (North Hampshire) of the change.
- By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to take part in promotional activity and St. Michael’s Hospice (North Hampshire) reserves the right to use the name and address of the winner, their photograph and audio and/or visual recordings of them in any publicity, unless prior notification has been received.
- Each game number is unique. A randomly selected game number will be issued with the confirmation of entry. Any member may subsequently request an alternative game number if they wish at any time, and this will be issued providing that it hasn’t already been allocated to an existing member.
- Prizes must be claimed within 6 (six) months from the date of the draw.
- St. Michael’s Hospice (North Hampshire) will cancel prizes, up to the amount of £50, if they remain unclaimed after 6 months from the date of the draw. For prizes above £50, the Hospice will attempt to contact winners before cancelling their prizes.
- Lottery membership can be cancelled at any time by notifying St. Michael’s Hospice (North Hampshire) in writing, by phone or via email.
- St. Michael’s Hospice (North Hampshire) shall not be liable to the member for any loss or damage suffered or arising from:
- any delays or failures in the postal service or other delivery methods used by St. Michael’s Hospice (North Hampshire) or the member from time to time
- any delays or failures in any software or other systems used by St. Michael’s Hospice (North Hampshire) for the administration of the Lottery
- any delays or failures in the banking system used by St. Michael’s Hospice (North Hampshire) or the member
- any refusal by St. Michael’s Hospice (North Hampshire) to accept registration of an individual as a member or the cancellation of a member
- any failure to enter a chance into the draw
- any event beyond the reasonable control of St. Michael’s Hospice (North Hampshire)
- Nothing within these terms and conditions shall create or should be construed as creating any form of contract between any entrant and St. Michael’s Hospice (North Hampshire)
- Any complaints relating to the Lottery should be sent in writing to: Sarah Shearman, Interim Head of Fundraising, St. Michael’s Hospice (North Hampshire), giving full details of the complaint and supporting documentation.
- St. Michael’s Hospice (North Hampshire) is committed to protecting the members’ privacy. Data that is collected from the member is used lawfully in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and is used solely for the purpose of processing Lottery chances, subsequent entry into the Lottery and informing winners that they have won a prize.
- Any member has the right to access the information held about them. To obtain this information, please contact Sarah Shearman, in writing at St. Michael’s Hospice (North Hampshire).
- St. Michael’s Hospice (North Hampshire) will not sell any personal data to any third party without express prior permission.
- In the event of any dispute regarding the rules, the decision of St. Michael’s Hospice (North Hampshire) shall be final, and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- St. Michael’s Hospice (North Hampshire) reserves the right to amend these rules at any time. If the Hospice does this, it will publish the amended rules.
- St. Michael’s Hospice (North Hampshire) reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of these rules.
- St. Michael’s Hospice (North Hampshire) is the promoter of this Lottery.
- Each entrant should retain a copy of these terms and conditions for their reference.
- This Lottery is a form of gambling. Participants are encouraged to gamble sensibly.
- A copy of these rules may be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to St. Michael’s Hospice (North Hampshire) at the address above.
- The Laws of England and Wales shall govern the interpretation and/or enforcement of these terms and conditions and St. Michael’s Hospice (North Hampshire) and all entrants hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- St. Michael’s Hospice (North Hampshire) does impose limits on the number of entries into the Lottery that can be purchased by an individual.
- Self-Exclusion: On request, we will close any player’s Lottery membership(s) for a minimum period of six months during which time the memberships(s) cannot be reinstated.
If you have any questions or would like us to send you a form in the post, please call 0870 050 1677 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
St. Michael’s Hospice Lottery is licensed with the Gambling Commission under the Gambling Act 2005 license No: 000-030858-N-312024-001. St. Michael’s Hospice (North Hampshire) is licensed and regulated in Great Britain by the Gambling Commission under account number 30858. www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk
In 2019 £278,440 was raised from ticket sales in our weekly Lottery, with 23% being spent on prizes and 13% being spent on expenses. In total 63% went directly towards St. Michael’s Hospice who provides specialist palliative care to patients and their families across North Hampshire. In 2019 the likelihood of winning a prize in our weekly draw, on average was 1 in 2,477 and the winning tickets for each weekly draw are generated by Sterling Lotteries Random Number Generator.