- Date: Sun 19th Dec, 2021
- Time: 9:00 am
- Location: Festival Place Queen Anne’s Square (outside Iceland)
Calling all reindeers to the North Pole!
Join Rudolph and his friends just before Christmas to walk, jog, run, skip, or even dance our brand-new 3K Reindeer Run, whilst raising vital funds for St. Michael’s Hospice. There will be lots of fun activities such as face painting and yummy refreshments to enjoy when you cross the finish line
This festive fun run will be starting at Festival Place and heading out to Eastrop Park before looping back to the finish line. You may choose to take part to remember a loved one, spend time with friends and family, or simply to have some festive fun. Whatever your reason, we would love to see you there!
Your entry fee includes: the cost of staging the event, reindeer antlers, an exclusive Reindeer Run medal, a fully marshalled route, and refreshments.
The Reindeer Run is suitable for all ages. Please note, children (under the age of 16) MUST be accompanied by an adult aged 18 or over and children under the age of 3 go free!
Please be aware that this route does not have chip timing.
Kindly sponsored by:
Kindly supported by:
Please be reassured that there will be arrangements in place to manage COVID-19 for the duration of this event. These will be continually reviewed to ensure we are adhering to the most up to date government guidelines and advice at the time of this event, ensuring the paramount safety of our participants at all times.
In the event that we would need to take the decision to cancel this event due to COVID-19, you will be entitled to a full refund. Alternatively, if we are able to postpone the event, we will do so and your entry fee will be automatically transferred to the new date. However, if you are unable to make this new date, a refund option will also be available. Please note, that if you are unable to take part in the event due to COVID-19 illness or self-isolation, your entry fee will not be refundable. In this circumstance, you will have the option to transfer your place to a friend or family member, providing this is in line with the Government guidelines at that current time.
Entry prices and event registration
|Family (2 adults + 2 children)||£34.00|
- Online registration closes on Wednesday 15th December at midday.
- Once you have registered on our website, you should receive a payment confirmation email within 2 hours. If you have not received this, please call us on 01256 848848. This will be followed by your walker pack containing important event information sent to you via Hospice email.
- Parking: Festival Place, Basingstoke, RG21 7BA (parking charges apply). There is also parking available at Eastrop Park, Basingstoke, RG21 4QA.
- Toilets: Festival Place
- Refreshments: Available at the start/finish.
- Water: Please note that we will NOT be providing plastic water bottles at this event, instead you MUST bring your own water bottles with you.
Please find a downloadable event information sheet below, providing full details for the run.
Event information sheet
This year it will cost over £5.5 million to operate the Hospice and provide our services to the local community, with less than 20% funding from the North Hampshire Clinical Commissioning Group. We kindly ask all participants to try and collect a small amount of sponsorship to help us continue to provide our care for patients facing life limiting illness in the community. Here is how your contributions will help:
- £5.60 is the cost of printing a special memory book for children who have lost someone at the Hospice.
- £15 is the average cost of providing 3 meals, drinks, and snacks to a patient per day
- £20 is the cost of 1 nurse for 1 hour
Please download your event sponsorship form and fundraising toolkit below. If you would like to display who you are running for, please download a runner sign below to print and attach to your clothing to wear at the event.
Set up a fundraising page
Become an event sponsor
For sponsorship opportunities, please contact our Events Team on 01256 848848, alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kindly sponsored by:
Terms and conditions
Please download a copy of our event terms and conditions below.
Event terms and conditions
If you have any further questions about this event, please get in touch with our Events Team on 01256 848844 or email email@example.com.