- Date: Sun 18th Jul, 2021
- Time: 9:00 am
- Location: War Memorial Park, Basingstoke, RG21 4AG
Cycle in support of your local Hospice!
Online registration is now open!
Join us at our brand-new location, War Memorial Park, for a spectacular summer’s day of cycling. You can choose from one of our two new routes – 8 or 28 miles. Both distances are suitable for all levels of ability and would be fantastic to take part in as a family or team. On your ride you’ll take in views of the local picturesque villages and stunning Hampshire countryside, whilst raising funds for your local charity.
Big Wheel is kindly sponsored by
Interested in a longer route?
Big Wheel Your Way offers 2 NEW longer routes – 48 and 80 miles. We invite you to attend our live event to undertake your challenge on Sunday 18th July. However you also have the flexibility to complete your ride on a day and time to suit you.
Please be reassured that there will be arrangements in place to manage COVID-19 for the duration of this event. These will be continually reviewed to ensure we are adhering to the most up to date government guidelines and advice, ensuring the paramount safety of our participants at all times. We are monitoring our events closely and should any changes need to be made, we will update you via email, so please keep checking!
There will be hand sanitiser placed around the arena, which we will ask you to use when both entering and exiting, however we also encourage you to bring your own. Whilst also always maintaining a social distance from other participants outside of your household/bubbles, both in the arena and during your ride where applicable. We would like to thank you in advance for your cooperation.
In the event that we would need to take the decision to cancel this event due to COVID-19, you will be entitled to a full refund. Alternatively, if we are able to postpone the event to a later date in the year, we will do so and your entry fee will be automatically transferred to the new date. However, if you are unable to make this new date, a refund option will also be available. Please note, that if you are unable to take part in the event due to COVID-19 illness or self-isolation, your entry fee will not be refundable. In this circumstance, you will have the option to transfer your place to a friend or family member, providing this is in line with the Government guidelines at that current time.
Entry fees, registration and start times
|Route length||Start time||Price|
|8 miles||Individual times confirmed via email 2 weeks in advance||£18|
|28 miles||Individual times confirmed via email 2 weeks in advance||£28|
- Online registration closes on Wednesday 14th July at midday
- Once you have registered on our website, you should receive a payment confirmation email within 2 hours. If you have not received this, please call us on 01256 848848
- Your rider pack containing important event information will be sent to you via a Hospice confirmation email
- Your personal rider number will be posted out to you 2 weeks prior to the event.
Choose to take part in one of our two cycling routes:
- 8 mile route: a gentle ride for beginners starting out on the roads to gain confidence and experience on a well signposted route
- 28 mile route: a carefully designed ride that will suit new and social cyclists who wish to be more adventurous on a brand-new route
To take part in our 48 or 80-mile routes, please click here.
Please download your route map below. Following registration you will receive a confirmation email containing your route GPX files.
Both routes will include:
- Bike support
- Refreshment stops (excluding 8 mile)
- Medal upon completion
- Medical cover
- Advanced route assistance (motorbikes and 4×4)
- Safety marshals on the route
- Chip timing with results published after the ride is complete
Please download an event information sheet below, providing full details for the day. If you would like to display who you are cycling for, please download the below ‘I’m cycling for…’ sheet to print and attach to your clothing on the event day.
- FREE parking is available at Old Common Car Park (off London Road) and only a 5-minute walk away from the main arena. However, you must have removed your car off site by 2pm or your vehicle will get locked in and it will be your responsibility to contact the Council.
- A water filling station will be available on the 28 mile route only. Please note that we will NOT be providing plastic water bottles at this event and you must therefore bring your own water bottles with you.
- Toilets available on site
- Unfortunately we are unable to provide changing facilities
- Refreshments available on site
This year it will cost £5.5 million to operate the Hospice and provide our services to the local community, with less than 20% funding from the North Hampshire Clinical Commissioning Group. We kindly ask all participants to try and collect a small amount of sponsorship to help us continue to provide our care for patients facing life limiting illness in the community. Here is how your contributions will help:
- £5.60 is the cost of printing a special memory book for children who have lost someone at the Hospice
- £15 is the average cost of providing 3 meals, drinks and snacks to a patient per day
- £20 is the cost of 1 nurse for 1 hour
Please download your event sponsorship and fundraising toolkit below.
Create your own fundraising page
Become an event sponsor
For sponsorship opportunities, please contact our Events Team on 01256 848848, alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms and conditions
Please download a copy of our event terms and conditions below.
Big Wheel terms and conditions
If you have any further questions about this event, please get in touch with our Events Team on 01256 848848 or email email@example.com.