Big Wheel Your Way
- Date: Attend Big Wheel live (18 July) or take part on a day and time to suit you (22 March – 31 August)
- Location: 48 & 80 miles: War Memorial Park, Basingstoke, RG21 4AG.
Cycle in support of your local Hospice!
Online registration is now open!
Take part in Big Wheel Your Way by choosing one of our BRAND-NEW routes for 2021 – 48 or 80 miles, designed for the more experienced cyclist. We encourage you to attend our live event to undertake your challenge on Sunday 18th July and receive your medal on the day. However, if you cannot make this date you also have the flexibility to complete your challenge on a day and time to suit you. You’ll enjoy a spectacular summer’s day of cycling, taking in the local picturesque villages and stunning Hampshire countryside, whilst raising funds for your local charity.
Please note, the 48 and 80 mile routes will not be marshalled or signposted, we will only be onsite until 2pm on Sunday 18th July and there will be no water stops or chip timing available for the 48 and 80 mile routes. Although, you can submit your time to us upon completion for us to display on our leader boards for both Sportive routes.
How does it work?
- Select your route challenge
- Start cycling on a day that suits you or attend our live event (18th July)
- Once complete, simply email your evidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org. This can be done via Strava, Garmin, Fit Bit etc. We would also love to see your pictures!
- Your results will be added to our leader board (with your permission) and you will be sent your well-deserved medal in the post.
Big Wheel Your Way is kindly sponsored by
Interested in a shorter route?
Cycle one of our live NEW shorter routes (8 and 28 miles) at Big Wheel on Sunday 18th July.
We request that all riders take responsibility for their own safety during this challenge and adhere to the Government guidelines set at the particular time they complete their ride in line with COVID-19, such as social distancing where applicable.
Choose to take part in one of our following routes:
- 48 mile route: Ideally suited to club riders and social cyclists looking to challenge themselves and tackle classic climbs through the Hampshire countryside.
- 80 mile route: A classic route for experienced cyclists embracing pace, climbing and endurance skills to challenge and bring success at the end of your ride.
Entry fees and event registration
- Online registration closes on 31st August
- Once you have registered on our website, you should receive a payment confirmation email within 2 hours. If you have not received this, please call us on 01256 848848
Please download your route map below. Following registration you will receive a confirmation email containing your route GPX files.
- As your challenge with take place on a date and time to suit you, you will need to follow the GPX files above as these routes will not be signposted or marshalled
- Parking for the 48 and 80 mile routes (setting off from War Memorial Park) is available at Festival Place Shopping Centre RG21 7BA (just a short 5 minute walk away) or at Crossborough Hill Car Park, RG21 4AG (on site)
- Please note, you MUST bring your own water bottles with you, as there will be no official water stops on route.
- If you are taking part on Sunday 18th July, FREE parking is available at Old Common Car Park (off London Road) and only a 5-minute walk away from the main arena. However, you must have removed your car off site by 2pm or your vehicle will get locked in and it will be your responsibility to contact the Council.
Please download an event information sheet below, providing full details for the day. If you would like to display who you are cycling for, please download the below ‘I’m cycling for…’ sheet to print and attach to your clothing on the event day.
Event Leader Boards
|Cyclist name||Time||Team name|
|Cyclist name||Time||Team name|
This year it will cost £5.5 million to operate the Hospice and provide our services to the local community, with less than 20% funding from the North Hampshire Clinical Commissioning Group. We kindly ask all participants to try and collect a small amount of sponsorship to help us continue to provide our care for patients facing life limiting illness in the community. Here is how your contributions will help:
- £5.60 is the cost of printing a special memory book for children who have lost someone at the Hospice
- £15 is the average cost of providing 3 meals, drinks and snacks to a patient per day
- £20 is the cost of 1 nurse for 1 hour
Please download your event sponsorship and fundraising toolkit below.
Create your own fundraising page
Become an event sponsor
For sponsorship opportunities, please contact our Events Team on 01256 848848, alternatively email email@example.com.
Terms and conditions
Please download a copy of our event terms and conditions below.
Big Wheel Your Way terms and conditions
If you have any further questions about this event, please get in touch with our Events Team on 01256 848848 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.